This program is a free, five month (Jan – May 2024) coaching program intended to help beginning farmers understand and implement food safety best practices on their own farm. Program coaches will work with participants each month, culminating in the creation of a personalized Food Safety Plan. Please view the Clean Start Food Safety Program Syllabus for further details.
The Clean Start Coaching Program no longer accepting new applications.
Applications will be accepted for our next round of participants Fall 2024.
- Knowledge/comfort with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations and USDA Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certification
- Assessment of your farm’s operation as it relates to food safety best practices
- Creation of a Food Safety Plan and traceability system for your farm
Program participation includes:
- $2000 stipend to purchase and implement food safety equipment and/or supplies for your farm
- each farm must participate in at least 2 paid workshare days at other participants farms
Educational Food Safety Supplements
To view individual handouts, click on the handout images or text links below.
Clean Start Video Series
Clean Start Video Series | On-Farm Handwashing Practices
Clean Start Video Series | Dropped Produce and Nesting Bins
Clean Start Video Series | Harvest Bin Best Practices
Clean Start Video Series | AZS Produce Washer Winterization
Clean Start Video Series | Field Harvest Kit