Grants and Finance Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Iowa Valley RC&D is a non-profit established in 1998 with the mission to enhance quality of life for Iowans by strengthening food systems, leading collaborative placemaking projects, and bringing technical assistance to rural communities. Iowa Valley works to help the social, environmental, and economic features of our food systems to be more equitable, more local, and more sustainable.
The Grants and Finance Manager brings financial record keeping expertise and excellent customer service to Iowa Valley RC&D. The Manager provides financial management, accounting, project tracking, and reporting support for the organization. The position includes recordkeeping for local, state, national, private and public grants. The manager will assist with preparation for third-party audits and will evaluate systems for efficiency and files for completeness. This position works with confidential information. The Grants and Finance Manager will participate, as needed, in special projects. It is expected that the Grants and Finance Manager will collaborate and exhibit professionalism when interacting with project partners, funders, volunteers, and the general public. The Grants and Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Support projects’ funding proposals: assist with budgets, review proposals, provide supporting documents.
- Ensure complete documentation of funding awards.
- Work with project directors to comply with funder’s terms and conditions, manage deliverables, monitor spending, request amendments, and plan spend-out.
- Support Executive Director with budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed.
- Support Executive Director with payroll processing and cost allocation to projects.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly reports, funder reports and others.
- Analyze and monitor project budgets and keep project staff informed of balances and timelines.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, deposits and billings.
ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2-year accounting degree or 5 years work experience in accounting field – Required;
- Budgeting experience – Required;
- Demonstrated skill in providing a high level of service to customers, ideally in a nonprofit context – Required;
- Proficiency with accounting software, spreadsheets and data management systems – Required;
- Experience working as part of a team delivering coordinated services highly desirable – Required;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills – Required;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to details – Required;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities – Required;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment – Required;
- Experience managing grants and nonprofit finances – Desirable;
- Proficiency in Donor Management Software such as Bloomerang – Desirable;
- Passion for local foods and an equitable food system – Desirable.
COMMITMENT TO JUSTICE
Diversity brings strength, creativity, and resilience. Iowa Valley believes that one of our key roles is creating meaningful opportunities for Black, Indigenous, and people of color to engage in their communities. We seek to empower marginalized people to become future leaders in a just, equitable community. Iowa Valley RC&D is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community. There is no tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any kind in our organization.
Iowa Valley RC&D is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, especially those who have been marginalized by society due to race, color, religion, gender, gender nonconformity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act, Iowa Valley RC&D will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Iowa Valley RC&D.
This is a full-time position and eligible for benefits that include health, dental, vision, PTO, cell phone stipend, etc. This position is located in the Iowa Valley RC&D office in Amana and our offsite location for our Grow Johnson County program at the Johnson County Historic Poor Farm. Travel is required. Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa Driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
To apply for the Grants and Finance Manager Position, send a resume, cover letter, and references that outlines the following to Jason Grimm at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your motivation to apply for this position
- Your past experiences that will help you succeed in this role
Interviews will be conducted with qualified applicants on a rolling basis beginning April 4th and will continue until the position is filled.
For any questions or concerns regarding the position please contact Executive Director Jason Grimm at email@example.com
To download a complete job description, click here.
Iowa Valley RC&D is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable food system and furthering inclusivity in small rural communities. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. There is no tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any kind in our organization.